Thursday, August 27, 2009

Trying this thing out

I'm sitting at work, bored out of my mind. So, here I go. I am missing my son like crazy! He's turned 2 months old yesterday, and he's growing uncontrollably. I don't know where the time has gone. I am trying to get back to myself, sometimes it's hard. My husband pointed out to me yesterday that I'm not the same person I was 2 years ago. I know that having a baby will change things, but he was right. I want to be the person that I was. And, I'm trying to come back to that. Maybe this will help, writing and venting a little. The problem is I live half the world away from my family and friends from home. I've got my military friends, but I miss my core group. That's a part of growing up, and moving on, but it sucks. I need to get my strength back. Trying to balance a career and a family is not easy, especially being in the Navy. I will be able to do this, I just am going to have to try a little harder.

1 comment:

Becky Day said...

Beth, I've been a mom for 2 1/2 years, and take it from someone who knows (me!), you'll never be the same person you were before you had a baby. That kind of responsibility changes you forever. There are days where I desperately wish that I could go back in time and relish in my carefree days, but it won't happen.

Eventually it will hit you that you are a different person, you've matured, you've grown up, hit the real world, and you've got a little person right beside you who desperately needs you to be who you are right now: a beautiful, hard-working mom whose unconditional love is the only thing he needs to survive.

I may not know everything, but if you need anything, let me know.