Wednesday, December 2, 2009

WTF 2009???

Where in the hell did 2009 go? Just last week was New Years. I have no idea what is going on. I have a huge son who doesn't know he's only 5 months old. I'm pretty sure he is under the impression that he's a grown man.

Coming up in Feb, it will be time for me to start negotiating orders for a new command. For non-military people, I'll be figuring out where I'm going to be stationed next. So, within the next 2 months, I have to decide if I'm going to re-enlist in 2012, or just do my 6 years and get out. There's so much security being in the Navy, but it sucks being gone for months and months at a time. Now, adding a child to that is going to complicate things. On one hand, medical insurance for free. The other... being gone for ever. I have to do a lot of soul searching and figure out what is most important for my family. Since hubs doesn't have a job yet, I may end up re-enlisting. Who knows...

On a side note, Christmas is coming up and I've done my shopping for the hubs! WOOO-HOOO!! Now, I just have to do my parents/sisters/inlaws and we'll be done. I have a few weeks. Which means I'll be emailing e-gift cards on Christmas Eve. But, whatever. A present is a present, right??

No comments: