Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm a college student?!?!

That's right ladies and gentlemen... I am officially a college student again. I am taking 1 class right now, and will add a "maymester" class in April for 3 more credits. I am 10 classes from my BS in Computer Science and I want to finish it by next spring, latest summer. I definitely want to finish before I get out of the Navy, which is 2012, so I have a little bit of time.
Also, starting tomorrow, I will be on a new work schedule. I will be working "swing shift" which is an 8 day cycle: work 2 12 hour day shifts, off 48 hrs, work 2 12 mid shifts, off 72 hours. So within 8 days, I will be going from days to nights back to days. It will be interesting and hard. There will be days where the only time I will get to see my son is when I get home and he's already asleep, or when I stop by daycare to see him before I go to work. I know this is going to be hard for Mike as well as Michael. Luckily, Mike is an awesome father and I know he's going to be able to handle the challenge.
Back to being a college student. I feel like I should be buying a few sets of pjs and sweatshirts. What, noone else wore pajamas to class in college? I know I'm not the only one! In fact, my youngest sister is a junior right now, and I know for a fact she bums it once or twice a week. I will be glad to be able to fit into that family tradition.

No comments: