Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm a slacker, I know.

This past week has been pretty busy. I haven't had a chance to write like I wanted to. So, lets get started!

The biggest thing on my mind is the anniversary of September 11. I was asked at work where I was when it happened. I was a freshman in college, laying in bed. I had already woken up, taken a shower, and studied for a test. I laid back down to rest before going to class. My roommate woke me up, and I couldn't believe it. I was pretty selfish because I had a US History test that day, and I was hoping that classes would be canceled. They were not.
Being in the military provides a unique look into the aftermath of 9/11. Everyday, I go to work supporting the global war on terrorism. And, a lot of people don't agree with the war. I don't know if I agree with what the reasons for the war are, but I support our troops. That is one of the reasons I joined the Navy, is to help make our world better.
On Friday, there was a memorial presented where several people put together a presentation. The entire time, I was trying not to cry. It happens every year, and I always bawl like a baby. This year, I was trying to be strong. Until the last part. They played a song that a little girl had recorded for her father who had died in the WTC. It was a year or two after, and the girl was telling her daddy how much she had grown, and she missed him, and wondered if he could see her where he was. She also asked if he could come back. Oh my, how the tears started flowing. I could only think about my son, and how awful it would be if I were not there for him. All I wanted to do was rush to pick him up, hold him, and never let go. That night, I held him for an extra moment or two before putting him in his bassinet to sleep. I could not imagine something happening where I could not hear his laugh or kiss his sweet cheeks.
I entered into a Body after Baby contest online by@Mamanotes on twitter. http://bit.ly/oSeuz I am pretty excited about it. I hope to be able to use this as extra motivation to get back into shape.

No comments: